This is a summary of my CV. For more details, please visit my Linkedin profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lauradubreuilvall
Neuroelectrics (USA) November 2013 – Present
Bridging the gap between innovative research and successful realization of clinically and commercially viable medical devices for brain stimulation and monitoring. Main tasks include research using EEG and non-invasive transcranial current stimulation techniques (tDCS, tACS and tRNS), project management, technical planning, sales, business development, clinical trial design and regulatory pathways for medical devices.
Starlab (Catalonia) July 2012 – October 2013
Working in applied neuroscience R&D with a focus on:
- Design and development of systems based on electroencephalography (EEG) for brain-computer interfaces, research and health/medical applications.
- Signal processing and data analysis obtained from experiments based on transcranial current stimulation for stroke, pain relief, depression and cognitive enhancement.
- Participation in the following European FP7 projects: BEAMING, Tabula Rasa, AsTeRICS.
Applied Ocean Systems (USA) Oct. 2011 – June 2012
Design and development of underwater video transmission algorithms based on OFDM techniques.
Ernst & Young (Catalonia) Oct. 2011 – April 2012
Strategic and management consulting in life sciences industries, including biotechnology, healthcare, pharmaceutical and medical devices.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (USA) February 2011 – August 2011
- Wireless Underwater Video Transmission: improved the design of an underwater acoustic video transmission system under the supervision of Dr. Chryssostomos Chryssostomidis.
- Herring Management Impact Plan – Social Impact Assessment: evaluated the effects of the Social Impact Assessment prepared for the interstate management of herring in the Northeast US. Supervisor: Dr. Madeleine Hall-Arber.
Institute of Photonic Sciences (Catalonia) July 2009 – August 2009
Worked in the “Quantum engineering of light” team by exploring fundamental aspects of quantum theory and enabling the implementation of applications that might require specific types of quantum or classical light, especially in communications and high-resolution probing and imaging. Supervisor: Juan Pérez Torres.
Universitat de Barcelona 2015 – Present
Doctoral research conducted in Boston (USA) in collaboration with Neuroelectrics and Massachusetts General Hospital (Harvard Medical School) on the use of transcranial current stimulation as a neuromodulation technique to improve executive function in different clinical populations, including patients with ADHD, major depressive disorder, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, among others.
Northeastern University 2010-2011
Collaboration between Northeastern University and MIT to design an underwater acoustic wireless video transmission system aimed to be used for supervisory control of Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs) in deep-sea oil fields, port security, environmental monitoring of marine life and open ocean exploration. Supervisor: Milica Stojanovic.
Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC) 2006-2011
Bachelor and Masters in Telecommunications Engineering
Coursework includes a strong basis of mathematics, physics, signal processing, electronics and telematics. GPA: 8.27 out of 10. Ranked first student of the class (top 1,5%).