During my time at Starlab, I worked in the AsTeRICS project (Assistive Technology Rapid Integration & Construction Set), where our goal was to develop a construction set for assistive technologies which can be adapted to the motor abilities of end-users. AsTeRICS is intended to allow access to different devices such as PCs, cell phones and smart home devices, with all of them integrated in a platform adapted as much as possible to each user.
Possible applications include:
- Computer input (mouse, keyboard, joystick)
- Environmental Control (KNX, FS20, IR)
- Toys and Games (Playstation 3, computer games …)
- Brain/Neural computer interfaces (Enobio, OpenVIBE, OpenEEG)
- Android Phone support (SMS, calls)
Check the project’s website for more information.